Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 2, 2010

It is all Greek to me!



I really want to share with you my love of Greek food!!

It brings me the fondest memories. memories of eating at my Yiayia's Greek for Granma) house, big fat Greek weddings and even bigger and fatter Greek christenings, greek Easter and just our small family gatherings!

First I thought I would share some good great restaurants with you.

Enmore NSW 2042‎
9557 7580

Athenian Greek Restaurant‎
11 Barrack St
Sydney NSW 2000‎
9262 2624
Steki‎
2 O'Connell St
Newtown NSW 2042‎
9516 2191

There are so many more, but these ones are ones that myself and my family enjoy going. They are like having Yiayia's food out!
Oh another one that I should mention is Cafe Newtown, the corner of Enmore Rd and King St Newtown.
When I order out there are lots of different items that I would choose but a few of my favourites are -


Mousaka and Pastitsio are two of very favourites. They are very similiar to lasagne but Mousaka has eggpplant and no lasagne sheets and pastitsio also has no lasagne sheets instead a different type of past is used when layering.

I will share the Mousaka recipe with you. it is a recipe that my Yiayia uses I have scanned it from the Greek cookbook.




It is so yummy!!

Aντίο ( goodbye in Greek)
The food team - LA

































No comments:

Post a Comment